Tuesday, June 14, 2011

resort!

Resort exudes exoticism and seduction. In fashion, where it is a designer's job to seduce, resort seems to demand yet another step-up in the seduction department. True or not, I am thoroughly seduced by some magical pieces in Resort 2012. (all photos from style.com)

Helmut Lang




Let's start with the most structured set. The Colovos duo whipped up some metallic magic for resort 2012. I am quite enamored with the clean lines of the grey and black blazer and slightly tapered and cropped trousers. I can imagine myself visiting galleries on scooters in a town full of stone cobbled streets. And for the evening, a cool asymmetric black dress. The metallic/matte combo is bound to catch light, and some eyes.

Stella McCartney



Equally sharp is McCartney. The elongated silhouette and relaxed camel blazer is delicious like Cappuccino. Throw in a jumpsuit with more sophistication than childish innocence and you have a perfect summer uniform! I have been on the lookout for a jumpsuit ever since Phoebe Philo showed her deep v version. Now between this elegant neckline and Celine I just can't decide which is more seductive. Can you?

Calvin Klein




While on the subject of seduction, I might as well bring up CK. Monotone is definitely not monotonous with Francisco Costa! I am in love with these pieces. I would say they are distinctively New York, however. These three pieces will allow smooth transition through brunch, casual business meeting, and a quick meet up with friends at the flea market.

Behnaz Sarafpour




Sarafpour's collection is the perfect Hamptons half to Costa's city chic. Designs on these pieces resemble crisp table linen. I call the white dress the napkin dress. I can almost see an immaculately trimmed lawn with elegant people dressed in white as they observe a tennis match. Can you smell the grilled trout?

Adam






I save my favorite for the last. Adam's has scored consistently high marks in my book. This collection is no exception. I am pining for that black jumpsuit! My body melts as I lay my eyes on the minty knit set. Just imagine lounging or walking around in that little number. And finally the perfect black column skirt, the perfect solution to the day after the first rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment