Monday, June 27, 2011

chasing the elusive must-have

Open any glossy you will be prompted to get this season's must-have. It's puzzling that after procuring that essential, all-you-need-this-season item you still feel incredible deficient and inadequate when trying to get dressed every morning. I face the daily frustration of a closet full of clothes with nothing to wear. The cause of the frustration is not always the same, however. Some days everything is too plain while others everything requires too much effort to put on. I am a believer of basics, but not your average basics, I am in constant pursuit of the oxymoronic unusual basics - the deceptively simple looking t that gives you the perfect neckline or the nicest fitting pair of black jeans that happens to be comfortable. Even if I don't feel it, I want to look good yet effortlessly so. Sometimes the simplest thing in the world is also the hardest to come by. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment